Wat a DAY!
This morning went to work as usual. Arrived slightly early & started to clear my table a while before the morning briefing started. It was around 0845 when i sensed something amiss.. My another female colleague, CI, was not to be seen around in the office. I thought to myself tat she might be stuck in a traffic jam but tat is so unlike of her coz she's alwayz early for work. *Pondering pondering..* Time passed... then it was already 0910. I asked my officers if CI called but all said "no". So I called her home. Somebody picked up the phone & I asked, "Is CI around? Y hasn't she reported to work?". I got a shocked when she replied: "She's sleeping. She has already resigned!". I was totally shocked by tat news coz I didn't expected this at all. Or rather nobody expected it! I quickly told my AM abt it & asked if he knew wat happened. Like me, he was shocked to hear the news & asked me to call her back.
My AM spoke to her & got to know the reason. He told us tat she couldn't cope with the work & wanted to resign immediately. She is supposed to give a month's notice but she wanted to offset with her leave & was willing to pay the company the remaining balance days. This reali sounded serious! *Gosh!* Everyone in the office was talking about her.. y she couldn't take it? y didn't she sound out earlier? We were all trying to help her lessen her workload but guess it meant too much for her to bear. I understand her situation coz the past dayz, I could see stress on her & being computer illiterate, she would need to take some time to learn how to use the spreadsheet tat my officer created for her. The creation of the spreadsheet was to ease her work & make things easier for all of us too. *Haiz..* Guess we might hav given her too much pressure. There's no turning back now. She has decided not to return any more!
Now tat she has resigned! Somebody have to cover her duties before any replacement comes in. Who's the next best person? Yeah.. it's me.. *shaking head* Coz everytime she's on leave, I'll have to cover her duties. Less to say now tat she's resigned. Now I hav to juggle with my work and hers! So this entire mornin, had to help to answer calls & take down the complaints. Luckily till afternoon, Poh helped out. We shifted the computer to CI's desk & started using the spreadsheet to monitor. Poh sat at herdesk since afternoon, helping to answer the calls too. Guess its time when all of us hav to help each other out le. Have to take turns answering the calls from the FRC (Fault Reporting Centre) & taking turns to go for lunch. No more going out of site for lunch le.. *sobz*
Tonnes of work to do. Starting to see my desk piling up with invoices & quotations. My boss even asked if I could help Poh with the FRC. Of coz I'm willing to help out provided tat I could complete my own work on time too! He even suggested me to stay & do OT on Saturdays or even Sundays! Wat he was also hopin was... If I could juz stay back everyday to do OT!! *Gosh! Wat on earth was he thinkin?* Dun I need my own life too?? *ARGH!* Was so heated up when I heard wat he said! Wats life if one has to work 24/7?? Could no longer stand him sia!! *angry! Grrr..* Was even thinkin to myself if I should juz tender earlier & leave all these mess for them to clear. *Haiz!* I'll be leavin in about a month's time & my boss haven started to find a replacement for me. Guess he's gonna hav a big headache if he doesn't get to find 2 replacements in time. Dun wanna care so much le. Juz concentrate on doin my part well & leave the rest for him to settle.
I wan a BREAK! Weekends can u come soon? Reali hopin for the weekend to draw nearer.. *prayin hard..* (-_-)8